Monday, June 23, 2008

MNN – Cultural Report – The T3

Today's trip leads us to a place where a troll can still be a troll. In Pinehurst, Everett the “T3”, insiders call it the “The Trolls”, opened its gates a couple of years ago. This troll-only club is merely the only one of its kind throughout Seattle. Every Metarace has a place where they can retreat and where they can be among their people. Just trolls were, as usual, discriminated. That’s exactly the reason why managing partner Hakeem Jameson opened the T3 with the extraordinary help from his wife Dora-Lynn and long term friend Mason Welsh.


So I took the step and visited the club. It was amazing what they have done with this old warehouse. Almost 30 feet in height it is even for the last troll some resort where he can stand upright without getting a bad back or neck. I, myself enjoyed the good feeling that there is nothing for about 4 feet above my head. I truly seldomly had seen such a good place. Anyway, so I stepped inside and the sound of some riffs on a synthesizer caught my attention. The stage was in front of me and on it three trolls growled their interpretation of Mercurials classic “Everlasting Paths”. It was great. I almost never saw people being this ecstatic. They were in front of the stage, headbanging their asses off. Light twitched and the scene got a surreal touch. Remembering my intentions to be here I inspected the rest of the place, talking to some of the employees. Catherine, the bartender told me that she loves to work here, “because the T3 is a place were you can be without people accusing you of being a child ripping monster.”

The location is a two floor place with an upstairs lounge where the music is not that loud though the stage can be seen. I’ve been told by owner Hakeem Jameson himself that they have two girls dancing on work nights to please the clubbers. Throughout the week there is a DJ named Trogger who gets the party started and gives the gals a nice rhythm to shake their booties to. There is a cage beneath the stage and a 15 feet platform where either Patricia or Tori works the loop and I definitely will come back to check that out, to give you a full recension of that. Count on me.

This was Terry Webber for Metahuman News Network.


Text by: TecnoSmurfLogo by: Mike Underhill

No comments: