Friday, July 13, 2007

MNN CULTURAL REPORT - STARBACK'S MOCHABOT CHILLER UNVEILED

Seattle’s Starback’s Coffee is unveiling their new nano-technology drink today, the “Mochabot Chiller”. With real farmer Grade 301 cream, hydroponically grown coffee beans roasted to perfection and over 1.1 million nanobots programmed to open capillaries in the brain and increase blood flow, response time and alertness, this drink is sure to be a success.

“The trick is here to blend the nanobots with ice, that keeps them inert and inactive till they reach body temperature, then they’re absorbed into the bloodstream where they go to work,” said Starback’s representative Tim Lephroiag. “Research and Development did just a great job with this, the human and metahuman test phases met with very few casualties.”

A select group of winners from a KKLX radio contest got to try the new drink early, compliments of Starback’s.

“It’s like a rainbow of energy shooting through my mind…” said one drinker, who was riding around in circles in the parking lot on his bike, I tried to catch him for further comments, and couldn’t get his attention.

We witnessed a couple drinkers fidgeting around, and one said, “I guess I’m going jogging!” as he broke into a dead run, wearing a suit and tie.

So, if you’ve got to sleep Seattle, do it when you’re dead.

Keep punk in your heart and one in the chamber, chummers.

This is Cultural Reporter Johann Spark for MNN.

Artwork by Mike Underhill

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Balls of Fire, they're trying to kill us all.

Seriously, I switched to Sanka a long time ago.

Dave said...

Dat be sick mojo dey be feedin to da masses...

Anonymous said...

Mr. Jogger passed me on the freeway.

I was in a Mercury Comet, and he was on foot! And I wish I was fraggin' kidding!

OK, sure, it was "Rush Hour", but still...

Anonymous said...

"the human and metahuman test phases met with very few casualties."

Very few casualties? This is COFFEE. Coffee shouldn't cause casualties. Even very few. You gotta wonder what "very few" means in corp lingo, too. 1%? 5%? 10%? Fraggin' crazy.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, I signed the waiver, looked all good and creamy, plus it had a whipped topping.

Wanna go ride bikes or run through the sprinkler or we could just talk. I like talking. I like the way it sounds when you say the word, "talking." You've gotta get your mouth ready for it, like it's all like taaalllkkkiiinggg, wow that's a great word.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Whipstitch said...

You sure that was whipped topping? If the way you're babbling is any indication, I'd say it's more likely that those li'l nanobots were just working themselves into a nice lather before invading your cranium.

Anonymous said...

How did that go again in that one meeting that I was at...

"There were a... Few issues." "How few?" "Only thirty." "Out of?" "Ummmmmmmmmm... Thirty."

I couldn't get back to the Shadows fast enough. It's safer here. Which, of course, tells you about the state of the world... :-(

Anonymous said...

Two words, chummers.

Cerebral fragging hemorrhage.

Although that'd be a good name for a new synth-thrashcore band.

As for me, I'll stick to my soykaf. It may not taste as good, but no one's going to hack it.

Anonymous said...

Already taken, Tach. They're out of Winnipeg and not bad. They need a new Bass player, however. Their current one likes the chips too much and misses too many gigs.

Anonymous said...

WARNING TO ALL MAGICIANS: DO NOT DRINK THIS DREK!

Sneak managed to convince me to try a glass a few days ago. At first it was wiz; I felt stronger, more alert, faster, but after a few hours it became harder and harder to focus, much less control my magic and I was so hyper by that point that I was slinging spells right and left--and I was so out of it that I kept on overcasting. When my eyes and nose started leaking the red stuff from the Drain, Sneak got worried and hit me with some Narcoject to put me out. Took me three days to recover.

Anonymous said...

yeah, it was pretty scary to watch. At first it was funny as anything, watching Galen hyper-around like a juicer on Jazz, and slinging spells for the hell of it, but when he he started crying blood when he was levitating that car, that's when I knew things had gone too far.

Anonymous said...

Good to know who your friends are, eh Galen?

At least they didn't record it and post it Pay-Per-View on the Matrix, like that other poor Mage that's freaking out and casting spells and levitating the car and...

Oh...

Anonymous said...

well, Sneak didn't take that vid--you can see him there in the background (he's the itty-bitty dwarf off on the right).

Besides, as annoying as Sneak can be, he's still my chummer, and I think I probably owe him my life for stopping me when he did.

Anonymous said...

OK, heads up folks:

Won't say how I got this info, but...

They're coming out with an "Extra Strong" version of this stuff now.